Here are the second part of Linux interview questions:
- What is the name and the UID of the administrator user?
- How to list all files, including hidden ones, in a directory?
- How to delete files older than 7 days from a directory?
- Which command will show you free/used memory? Does free memory exist on Linux?
- How to search for the string “my konfi is the best” in files of a directory recursively?
- I get “command not found” when I run
ifconfig -a. What can be wrong? Try ipaddr
- What command will show the available disk space on the Unix/Linux system? df -h
- What commands do you know that can be used to check DNS records?dig and host
- What Unix/Linux commands will alter a files ownership, files permissions? chown, chmod
- What does
chmod +x FILENAMEdo? permit file execution
- What does the permission 0750 on a file mean?
- What does the permission 0750 on a directory mean?
- How to add a new system user without login permissions?
- How to add/remove a group from a user?
- What is a bash alias?
- How do you set the mail address of the root/a user?
- What is in /etc/services?
- How to redirect STDOUT and STDERR in bash? (> /dev/null 2>&1)
- Explain the three load averages and what do they indicate. What command can be used to view the load averages?
- Can you name a lower-case letter that is not a valid option for GNU