I will start a series of Linux interview questions to prepare for the interview. This is the first series and most of the answers are pretty easy to find out through the Google search. I want to share questions to prepare for interviews. For any difficult question, I will share the resources for preparation. I keep this as repository I used for my interview preparation. Here is the first part about general questions on internet:
- What function does DNS play on a network?
Ans. Blog link: https://www.verisign.com/en_US/website-presence/online/how-dns-works/index.xhtml
Video tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1l78n6W8zypWeqTvo2tKxFSzIQQVtTyq
- What is HTTP, HTTP error codes and methods?
Ans. HTTP: https://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp
HTTP Methods: https://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_httpmethods.asp
Difference between GET and POST.
HTTP Messages: https://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_httpmessages.asp
- What is an HTTP proxy and how does it work?
- Describe briefly how HTTPS works.
Ans. Important part is to just understand how digital certificates and SSL/ TLS (later version of SSL) works.
- What is RAID? What is RAID0, RAID1, RAID5, RAID10?
Ans. That’s a good series on RAID: https://www.tecmint.com/understanding-raid-setup-in-linux/
- What is a level 0 backup? What is an incremental backup?
Ans. Explained in the link shared for the last answer.
- Describe the general file system hierarchy of a Linux system.
Ans: Linux file system: http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2010/09/linux-file-system-structure/