Linux Interview questions – Part 5
- A careless sysadmin executes the following command:
chmod 444 /bin/chmod – what do you do to fix this?
- I’ve lost my root password, what can I do?
- I’ve rebooted a remote server but after 10 minutes I’m still not able to ssh into it, what can be wrong?
- If you were stuck on a desert island with only 5 command-line utilities, which would you choose?
- You come across a random computer and it appears to be a command console for the universe. What is the first thing you type?
- Tell me about a creative way that you’ve used SSH?
- You have deleted by error a running script, what could you do to restore it?
- What will happen on 19 January 2038?
- How to reboot server when reboot command is not responding?